Misinformation is not like a plumbing problem you fix. It is a social condition, like crime, that you must constantly monitor and adjust to – Tom Rosenstiel (Senior Fellow , Brookings Institution)
Information hygiene checklist:
1. Distance your self from misinformation about home remedies and non-scientific methods
2. Be aware of your ‘continuous partial attention’ . Information overload with less attention to details/source will cause panic.
3. Check pandemic numbers and forecast from reliable sources
(Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center (https://lnkd.in/fu8AtKt )
3. If you come across useful information , verify the source before sharing with others.
4. Learn / recommend preventive majors coming from proven resources ( Social distancing https://lnkd.in/fdmi3z3)
5. Maintain scientific temperament to avoid spreading both the virus and misinformation .